Alkoven – rent a room is located in Skuteviken, a residential area of Bergen which dates back to the 1600’s and is known for its traditional wooden buildings. We have a wonderful view over the entrance to Vågen, the cruiseships which visit Bergen over the summer months and our local fort Sverresborg, which makes a nice spot for evening walks with its views over teeming boatlife and beautiful sunsets. The centre of Bergen is just 7 – 12 minutes walk away, and there is also a bus stop close by.
We have four rooms on offer:
1. “The Red Room”: family/double room, 2 adults (1-2 children)
2. “The Green Room”: double room, 2 persons
3. “Kvisten”: single room, 1-2 persons
4. “The Loft”: double room, with private toilet, basin and small kitchen, 2 (3) persons
The “Red Room”, the “Green Room” and “Kvisten” all have shared access to the bathroom / toilet and kitchen. “The Loft” has its own toilet with basin, and a kitchen facilities, but shares access to bathroom / shower.
If required, all of the rooms, or combination of them can be booked. Prices on request.
The route to the town centre passes “Støletorget”, where you will find a well equipped supermarket, a newsagent (7 – 11), various small shops and the pleasant “Barista” café. Continuing you can take in old Bergen streets like Steinkjellergaten or visit other places of interest such as Bryggen, Fløybanen and Fisketorget.
Other activities of interest:
– fishing from the quay down at “Bontelabo”
– our local small wooden wharf, ideal for sunbathing
– Fjellveien and Fløybanen are close by for walks in the nature
– Gamle Bergen, is a short buss ride away
– Playgrounds and football pitches are close by
– many pedestrianised streets and green spaces
– Håkonshallen and its grounds.
The Guesthouse is part of a private house, occupied by the owners (a family of four). Originally built in 1885, the whole building has just undergone a full restoration / modernisation so that it now feels like a modern house with antique wrapping. In the redecoration of the guesthouse we have tried to preserve original materials to combine them with the new ones.
Prices (including towels and bed linen), 1-2 nights/3-6 nights/6 nights and more:
“Red Room”: from Nok 550/500/450 for a single to Nok 750/650/550 for 2 persons depending on how many nights.
“Green Room”: from Nok 550/500/450 for a single to Nok 750/650/550 for 2 persons depending on how many nights.
“Kvisten”: from Nok 450/400/350 to Nok 600/550/500 for 2 persons depending on how many nights.
“Loftet Room”: from Nok 550/500/450 for a single to Nok 750/650/550 for 2 persons depending on how many nights.
– for 1 extra person in the room (is possible in Red room and Loftet) + Nok 200,-/150,- pr night
– free use of washing machine and tumble dryer.
– free internet access.
– kitchen: two electric hobs, oven/microwave and dishwasher.
– use of dry ingredients, such as: coffee, tea, spices, flour etc.
– Access to patio and back garden (as also used by the owners).
A baby cot can be arranged on request at Nok 80,- (linen included) pr night.
There is no shared lounge, but all the rooms are equipped with their own sofa/seating and table. The kitchen also has a pleasant dining area to seat 4 or 5 people. All rooms have electric heating.
No smoking either indoors or outside.
Alcohol may be consumed in moderation, parties are not permitted.
Quiet hours are between 23:00 and 06:00.
Animals/pets are not wanted if not permitted in advance.
Open all year.
4 rooms from april – september (high-season)
2 rooms from october – march (off-season)
|Location:||Close to the center of Bergen|
|Address:||Nordre Skuteviksveien 11|
|Cell phone:||+47 416 74 917.|