Your use of this Site and the Services is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions, you must not use the Services or browse this Site.
Terms and Conditions
1. OWNERSHIP. This site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Bergen Promotion (“BP”). None of the content or data found in connection with this site may be used, reproduced, sold, transferred, or modified without the express written permission of BP and/or its third party providers and distributors. All material on this Site, including but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, is protected by Copyrights. You may not link directly to pictures, audio or video .ra, .rm or .ram files. Unlawful use of photos will be prosecuted. You may not link directly to any scripts.
2. USE OF SITE. By accessing and browsing this site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, that the author and the publisher cannot accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or subsequent alterations. Views or opinions expressed by authors are not necessarily those of the publishers. If you do not agree with any part of the terms and conditions, you must not use the Services or browse this Site. You may only use the reservation services and the informational services (“the Services”) to make legitimate reservations or purchases and shall not use this service to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions. Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk.
3. USE OF PHOTOS. None of the photos can be used, copied, reproduced, sold, transferred, or modified without a written permission from BP. You may not link directly to any photo. All photos must be credited, for example “Photo: www.bergen-guide.com/name of the photographer”. Onward distribution of photos to other users is not permitted. Unlawful use will result in you being invoiced for the use at the individual photographers’ current rates, the price will depend on the use. In addition a penalty charge of NOK 7,500 per photo applies. Unlawful use of the pictures will be prosecuted.
See more about use of photos
4. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use the Purchace and Reservation Services and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of the services. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this service by you and those using your login information.
5. PRIVACY. Rest assured that BP will not distribute specific information about your reservations except to parties involved in your arrangements. IP will be logged.
6. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY. Do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the content or data found on or in connection with this Site and Services. BP is not responsible for the contents of links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In no event shall BP be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, exemplary, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including, but not limited to lost profits or lost savings), whether based in contract, tort or otherwise, which (i) arise out of or are in any way connected with any use of this Service or content found herein or in connection with the Service, (ii) any failure or delay (including, but not limited to the use of or inability to use any component of this Service or Site for reservations or ticketing), or (iii) the performance or non performance by third party providers or distributors, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any other party. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, BP or any third party provider or distributor should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of this Site, Services or its content, BP, and third party provider’s and distributor’s liability shall in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the subscription fee and service charge for accessing this site with respect to which liability is found. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to BP, and without any liability whatsoever, BP at any time and without notice may terminate or restrict your access to any component of this service. The foregoing terms and conditions shall apply to both contract and negligence claims.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend and indemnify BP and third party providers and distributors from and against any claim or cause of action brought by or on your behalf in excess of the liability described herein or by third parties as a result of your use of the Services.
9. RELATIONSHIP. The relationship between BP and you will be that of independent contractors, and neither of us nor any of our respective officers, agents or employees will be held or construed to be partners, joint ventures, fiduciaries, employees or agents of the other.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ANY RESERVATION(S). The reservation is a binding contract between you and the hotel/facility/car hire company/third party. Regarding reservation terms and fees, we refer to, including but not limited to, booking.com, expedia.com and travelnow.com. By sending the reservation form you agree to the Terms and Conditions, both our and third parties’ Terms and Conditions. BP har no responsibilities related or regarding reservations made at third perty sites, including but not limited to the reservation, cancellation, payment and refunds.
11. CANCELLATION OF ANY RESERVATION(S). BP is not responsible for any circumstances regarding unreceived cancellation(s), including but not limited to software problem(s) or failure(s), hardware problem(s) or failure(s), technical problem(s) or failure(s) or communication problem(s) (written or orally). As BP only link to external reservation services like www.travelnow.com and www.ian.com, BP do not accept or handle any cansellations. We refer to these sites own terms and conditions.
12. SECURITY. We make every effort to ensure that your information is protected while you are on our site. At the site www.bergen-guide.com we do not offer any services that require your credit card information. However we link to other sites that offers online services. We do sell items at www.bergen-guide.com and www.mall.no, but all payments is handled by www.paypal.com. Bergen Guide/Bergen Promotion and/or Bergen Tourist Information Office is not liable for any unauthorized charges made to your credit card by a third party.
13. DONATIONS. Please note that a donation does not entitle you to any special treatment.
14. GOODS BOUGTH AT WWW.BERGEN-GUIDE.COM and MALL.NO. Claims regarding not received goods or damaged goods must be sent by email or mail to BP within a month after the order date. Claims sent later then one month after the order date will be rejected by BP. Return of goods must be agreed by BP prior shipping. In case of return of goods, the buyer must pay the shipping fee. BP cannot be held responsible for the return shipping fee or any other costs under any circumstances regarding the return shipping(s). In case of broken sealing BP will reject the claim(s). BP will store received goods for ten days after a rejected claim, the buyer is responsible to handle the goods within these ten days. If the buyer does not handle the goods within ten day, BP is not responsible for the goods and the goods will be disposed. In case of approved claim BP will pay the new shipping fee.
15. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of Norway.
16. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
17. MODIFICATION. BP may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of the Services will be conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use. You are bound by any such modifications and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
18. LINKING. If you wish to link to www.bergen-guide.com you may do so without our written approval.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing.