Flybussen / Bergen Airport Bus stops in the Center of Bergen
We have the following airport bus stops in the center of Bergen;
- Bus station (next to Bergen train station)
- Fish Market/Lido
The airport bus turning point and also the starting point in the center of Bergen is at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel at Bryggen.
This bus line service is also known as Flybussen Bergen in Norwegian language and flughafenbus bergen in German language.
Read more about the bergen airport bus in general (including price information).
Where to get on and off the Bergen airport bus
The center of Bergen is quite compact so if you miss a bus stop it is not too far to walk (back). But here we’ll tell you more about the bus stops so you can get it right the first time.
City Center Bergen Airport bus stops explained
1Bergen Airport Bus TO the Center of Bergen
First stop in the center of Bergen:
Airport Bus Stop 1: Bergen Bus station
This is also referred to as Bystasjonen and Bergen Storsenter. In Norwegian language we call it bergen bussterminal and busstasjon. It is the same place, just a different name. The bus stop is located just outside the bus station and next to the Ornen Hotel on the other side of the street.
You can leave the bus at Bergen Bus Station if you are going to:
- the bus station (of course)
- Bergen Train Station
- Ornen Hotel
- Grand Hotel Terminus
- Hotel Villa K
- Zander K Hotel
- Steens Hotel
- Hotel Park Bergen
- Bergen Media City, including TV2, NRK, Vizrt and BT
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
Second stop for getting off the bus:
Airport Bus Stop 2: Festplassen
The bus stop is located next to this open recreation park area. Often open air public concerts and larger events here. Also a small café next to the bus stop if you can’t wait to get a coffee or tea.
You can leave the bus at Festplassen if you are going to:
- Costal Express (Hurtigruten)
- Scandic Byparken Hotel
- Hotel Norge by Scandic
- Thon Hotel Bristol
- The Kode Art Museums
- University of Bergen at Nygaardshoyden
Third stop for getting off the bus:
Airport Bus Stop 3: Bergen Fish Market
This bus stop is also referred to as the tourist information stop. However, this tourist information office is moved to the fish market, look for the odd building at the fish market. The tourist information office is located at the other side of the road (left hand side in the driving direction) of the bus stop.
You can leave the bus at Bergen Fish Market if you are going to:
- Bergen Tourist Information Office
- Bergen Fish Market (of course)
- Scandic Hotel Strand
- Hotel Admiral
- Hotel Hordaheimen
- Hotel Augustin
- Bergen Bors Hotel
- Hotel Opus XVI Bergen
- Comfort Hotel Holberg
- Floybanen Funicular
- Hanseatic Hotel
Fourth stop and last stop for getting off the bus in the center of Bergen:
Airport Bus Stop 4: Bryggen
The famous world heritage UNESCO listed wooden trade buildings Bryggen in Bergen.
You can leave the bus at Bryggen Bergen if you are going to:
- Havnekontoret Hotel
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Bryggen
- First Hotel Marin
- Thon Hotel Bergen Bryggen
- Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz
2Bergen Airport Bus TO the Bergen Airport
This is the starting point for the airport bus in the center of Bergen:
Bryggen and Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Bryggen
This is a good place to get on the bus if you are coming from the places as mentioned above at Bryggen bus stop.
Second stop to get on the bus:
Flybussen Airport Bus Stop 2: Lido Corner Bergen
Stopping on sign from new passengers by the Lido corner, close to the Fish Market and the tourist information office. This bus stop is named after the Café Lido which is now closed and the Bjerck Restaurant has opened in the same site, look also for the kiosk named Narvesen at the ground floor.
Lido Corner is a good place to get on the airport bus if you are coming from the places and hotels as mentioned above at the Bergen Fish Market bus stop.
Other alternative names of this bus stop: “torget lido bergen”, “torget v lido bergen” and “torget ved lido bergen”
Third stop to get on the bus:
Flybussen Airport Bus Stop 3: Hotel Norge by Scandic
The bus stop is located next to the Hotel Norge, at the side facing the large city park called Byparken. Or at the south side of the hotel, if you are familiar with this. At the same side you also find the TGI Friday restaurant and a Mexican fast food restaurant.
Hotel Norge by Scandic is a good place to get on the bus if you are coming from the places as mentioned above at Festplassen bus stop.
Alternative search for this bus stop is “byparken to bergen airport”.
Fourth stop to get on the bus:
Flybussen Airport Bus Stop 4: Bergen Bus Station
This bus stop is located inside the bus station, close to the train station. It may not be so easy to find the exact spot for the bus stop if you’re new in Bergen. Ask a local for directions if you’re in doubt.
The bus station stop is a good place to get on the bus if you are coming from the places as mentioned above at the bus station bus stop.
Last bus stop in Bergen city is the Bergen Bus Station, then going to the Bergen Airport.
See also This is the Bergen Airport Bus Route outside the center of Bergen.
Quick Answers to Bergen Travel FAQ
Here is some quick answers to most asked travel related questions.
- bergen airport to train station – Go by the airport bus to the bus station in the center of Bergen, walk from there approximately 260 meters, flat path.
- bergen airport to bergen station – same as above.
- bergen train station to city center – Nice flat walk approximately 450 meters.
- bergen train station to bergen airport – Walk from the train station to the bus station, approximately 3 minutes walk, go by the airport bus from the bus station to the airport.
- bergen airport to hurtigruten terminal – Go by the airport bus to the center of Bergen, get off the bus at Festplassen bus stop which is the second bus stop in Bergen city, walk from there to the hurtigruten terminal bringing a map or go by taxi, approximately 1 kilometer/1 000 meters / 1100 yards / 0.62 miles. I think the minimum taxi fare is around NOK 170.
- taxi bergen airport to hurtigruten terminal – Taxi is waiting for you right outside the airport terminal, driving directly to the terminal in the center of Bergen.
Bergen Airport Bus Map
This is the bus stops in the center of Bergen.
- The red bus icon indicates the bus station
- The red train icon indicates the train station
- The red cup icon indicates Festplassen + Hotel Norge
- The red fish icon indicates the Bergen Fish Market and Lido Corner
- The red house icon indicates the famous Bryggen (end stop + start)